Kite Days

Kite Days

Monday, April 26, 2010

Saturday was the half marathon in Gunnison. Carolyn, her husband Ray, and I all were very anxious. It was freezing that morning and there were only about twenty or thirty people running. There really was no official starting line, the caravan just pulled over on the side of the road and everyone jumped out. Like I said, it was freezing so all of the runners were trying to stay warm and keep their muscles loose. Then suddenly, we were all rounded up and a man on a phone said, "Go" and just like that we were off! I was making good time but by mile 10 I just absolutely had to pee so I stopped and was passed by Carolyn, I knew I wouldn't be able to catch her after that. We all finished with our best times and Ray did so well, this was his first half and he had never ran more than 10 miles before the race. Carolyn finished in 1:49 and I came in at 1:50.53 and Ray crossed the finish line at 2:08. It was so much fun and we are all looking forward another race.

3 comments:

  1. Dang Holly! You are a serious stud! :) Way to go-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Holly,
    Must we use the "P" word? You know how I feel about those. Please remember, you are not a cat.
    hee-hee-hee, but you know I'm not kidding.
    I am so proud of you with your running.
    You have been so dedicated.
    Some day I'll have to run another marathon with you. Maybe when I die and have a new body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh mom! Even when I wrote that "P" word I had imagined you saying just that phrase about being a cat. There are so many events out here and since it is mormon country, everything is on saturday! I love running official races :)

    ReplyDelete